Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance, features, addresses, phone numbers, or contact names of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.
Source: Richard Kraemer / WaterWinterWonderland
The Opera House was opened in 1901 with a production of "The Minister's Son". It was designed by Oscar Cobb & Son of Chicago. The seating capacity was 700. It had an orchestra pit, balcony, a gallery and upholstered seats. Illumination was from 500 incandescent lights. The stage was 30' x 50'. The president was William J. Comwell. There are more details in the article posted below. The Opera House was damaged by high winds in 1930. That and the depression kept it closed. The building was razed in 1933.